SMA Europe is shocked and devastated by the situation in Ukraine. SMA Europe stands in solidarity with all people suffering from the consequences of the war in Ukraine.
We feel that our responsibility is to take care of the people who may be forgotten in such a situation: people with disabilities and sometimes high demands of basic health care, such as people living with SMA.
We are painfully aware of how challenging the current conditions are for people with rare diseases or disabilities.
SMA Europe will focus its efforts on supporting initiatives that seek to fill patient-relevant gaps in need. But to do so effectively and efficiently, we rely on donations. The donated funds will be used in the following areas, both in the short and long term:
- Supporting local organisations that are currently helping refugees, such as Fundacja SMA, the Polish patients' organisation.
- Supporting organisations that help transport vulnerable people from dangerous areas.
- Supporting people with SMA or similar needs in Ukraine, e.g., by providing (medical) care packages, generators, (back-up) ventilators and materials, tube feeding, etc.
- As soon as the situation has stabilised, support for Ukrainian patient organisations to rebuild their supply infrastructure and care for their patients.
- Help organise humanitarian medical transport out of the country for people who cannot use other means of transport.
- Helping to fund wheelchair-accessible emergency shelters and medical care for refugees.
In order for us to do this, we need your financial support. Please donate and help us help the Ukrainian SMA community. Every donation counts!
Please add "Ukraine" as a reference to your donation.
Note: Any unused funds will be used for patients and patient organisations that need future financial support due to crisis situations.
You can donate to SMA Europe safely and securely via our Paypal online donations account.
Any donation is greatly appreciated.
- Reference: Please include 'Ukraine' within the 'write a note' option with your donation.
Other ways to donate
You can donate to SMA Europe via a one-off or a regular bank transfer to the account below.
- Account name: SMA Europe e.v.
- Bank name: HypoVereinsbank
- IBAN: DE47795200700366887920
- SWIFT: HYVEDEMM407
- Reference: Please include 'Ukraine' as the reference with your donation.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a receipt of your donation.