What is Evrysdi™?
Evrysdi™ (risdiplam) is the third treatment approved to treat SMA in Europe in adults and children two months and older.
Evrysdi™ is an oral medicine that is designed to increase SMN protein levels in the central nervous system (CNS) and throughout the body.
This SMN-enhancing therapy is a small molecule that targets the SMN2 gene and helps to increase the amount of stable SMN protein made by this gene.
At a glance
- Evrysdi is approved in many European countries for the treatment of SMA in adults and children 2 months and older.
- Evrysdi is a daily oral medication. It can also be given through a g-tube and must be taken for the duration of the individual’s life.
- Evrysdi is a small molecule.
- Evrysdi was tested in four multi-center clinical trials (Firefish, Sunfish, Jewelfish, Rainbowfish) in a number of different people living with SMA, from infants to adults.
- Evrysdi was developed by Roche in collaboration with the SMA Foundation and PTC Therapeutics.