Applications to our 11th Call for Research Proposals (2022) are now invited.
Principal Investigators and post-doctoral researchers are invited to submit proposals for research projects into spinal muscular atrophy (SMA). Priority will be given to those that address one of the following topics:
- Spinal and muscle regeneration
- SMN-independent pathways relevant to SMA and/or combinatorial therapies for SMA
- Treatments for patients with milder forms of SMA that might not be as amenable to SMN-restoration therapies
- The contribution of nutrition to SMA
- Key functions and roles of SMN protein at different times of development and/or in different cells, tissues and organs
- Biomarkers that provide readouts on the success (or otherwise) of SMN-restoring therapies in SMA
- New and improved pre-clinical animal models of SMA
- The contribution of novel, emerging phenotypes (neuronal and systemic) following SMN restoration in SMA patients and/or animal models
- 1st March 2022 – Launch of Call 11
- 13th April 2022 – Deadline for applications
- 1st May 2022 – Eligibility evaluations
- June – July 2022 – External evaluations
- August 2022 – Internal evaluations
- October / November tbc – Meeting of our Scientific Advisory Board
- November – Feedback to applicants
The application deadline is 13th April 2022, 12:00pm (CET).
For additional information, please contact Vanessa Christie-Brown, our Research Programme Manager.